Childhood mortality trends against SDG and HSTP II targets and Intervention coverage
• Ethiopia has recorded success in reducing childhood mortality during the 2000-2015 MDG era.
• Capitalizing on its success, the country aims for further childhood mortality reduction to meet SDG and HSTP-II targets.
• To achieve this, the country has been implementing several high-impact maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH) interventions.
• Improvement in the coverage of these interventions over time significantly contributed to the reduction in childhood mortality.
• This evidence brief presents estimates on the current states and forecast future trends in relation to SDG and HSTP2 targets by varying intervention coverage for major childhood mortality indicators using data from 2000, 2005, 2011, 2016, and 2019 EDHS.